MIGRATION POLICY OFFICER
Start date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: full-time (38 hours), permanent
Deadline for applications: 9th April 2020, 11.59 PM Brussels time
FEANTSA, the European Federation of National Organisations Working with the Homeless, is an Umbrella organisation with over 100 members from across Europe. FEANTSA is the only European NGO focusing specifically on homelessness. We are recruiting a full-time Migration Policy Officer to start as soon as possible.
The Migration Policy Officer will be responsible for all FEANTSA activities in the area of migration and work more specifically on the link between free movement, asylum, and undocumented migration and homelessness. The activities include lobbying work, organising, coordinating a European expert cluster, and managing projects. The work involves regular travel abroad.
The Migration should have the following qualifications:
- University degree;
- At least 2 years relevant work experience;
- Detailed knowledge of EU and international migration policies;
- Good understanding of homelessness. Volunteering in the homelessness sector is a plus;
- Familiar with the functioning of EU and international institutions;
- Strong analytical and research skills;
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Good public speaker;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a small, busy, international team.
FEANTSA offers a competitive NGO salary package including hospitalisation insurance, contribution to public transport, pension scheme, and lunch vouchers.
Please send your application letter and CV to email@example.com before 10/04/2020. Explain in your application letter in some detail why you are interested in the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a job interview. In light of the current health crisis linked to COVID-19, job interviews are likely to take place via video conference.
FEANTSA is an equal opportunities employer.