2018 FEANTSA Policy Conference - Future Challenges for the Homeless Sector in Europe
14-15 June 2018: Berlin, Germany
FEANTSA is delighted to announce that registrations have opened for our annual policy conference, Future Challenges for the Homeless Sector in Europe, which will take place on 14 & 15 June 2018 in Berlin.
The pre-conference program kicks off on the afternoon on the 14th of June, with a series of site visits and informal working spaces to network on specific topics.
The conference itself will begin on Friday 15th of June with a key note address by Professor Eoin O’Sullivan which will look at the direction the homeless sector is moving in advance of the 2030 milestone year. The keynote address will be followed by our all-star panel discussing the future challenges for the homeless sector including Leilani Farha, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Housing, Patrick Develetere, European Political Strategy Centre, Laia Ortiz, Deputy Mayor for Social Rights for Barcelona and Barbara Eschen, Chair of Diakonischen Werkes Berlin-Brandenburg-schlesische Oberlausitz e. V. and Speaker of the National Poverty Conference.
Participants are then invited to participate in a series of workshops touching on a wide range of topics including, innovative housing, EU funds, youth homelessness, migration, violence against women, LGBTIQ homelessness, health inequalities, homelessness & the media, discharge & prevention, housing first, the changing profile of homelessness and criminalisation
Please note :
- Registrations will close on May 31st, due to demand in previous years FEANSTA reserves the right to close registrations once capacity is met. Register early to avoid disappointment.
- The Conference Dinner and the FEANTSA Turns 30 Dinner have limited capacity and will be given on a first come, first served basis.
- All site visits and working spaces are conducted in English only.
- The following interpretation is available:
- Plenary sessions and all workshops are available in English and German
- Plenary sessions and select workshops are available in French, please consult the program for more information.