This roadmap shows how to combat the criminalisation of homelessness across Europe. It is one of a series of roadmaps supporting FEANTSA’s campaign Be Fair, Europe – Stand up for Homeless People. FEANTSA is asking EU policymakers to work with national governments, regions, cities and stakeholders to put an end to homelessness by:
1. Making more effective use of existing policy instruments
2. Supporting homeless people in all relevant sectoral areas
3. Monitoring homelessness and benchmarking progress at Member State level
4. Defending the rights of homeless people
5. Investing EU funds in ending homelessness
Cities, regions and countries are increasingly penalising and criminalising homelessness. This roadmap explains the current situation and what needs to change for Europe to defend the rights of homeless people.