This roadmap shows how the EU Urban Agenda can help end homelessness. It is one of a series of roadmaps supporting FEANTSA’s campaign Be Fair, Europe – Stand up for Homeless People. FEANTSA is asking EU policymakers to work with national governments, regions, cities and stakeholders to put an end to homelessness by:
1. Making more effective use of existing policy instruments
2. Supporting homeless people in all relevant sectoral areas
3. Monitoring homelessness and benchmarking progress at Member State level
4. Defending the rights of homeless people
5. Investing EU funds in ending homelessness
The EU Urban Agenda is made up of 12 Partnerships, and the 'Urban Poverty' Partnership has identified homelessness as a priority issue. The FEANTSA campaign endorses the principles and actions proposed by the Partnership and if implemented correctly, these actions will provide cities with the tools and resources to fight homelessness.