Report Launch: 8th Overview of Housing Exclusion in Europe 2023
Tuesday 5 September - 14:00-16:00 (CEST) on Zoom
Fondation Abbé Pierre and FEANTSA are launching their 8th annual Overview of Housing Exclusion in Europe. In this report, they reveal new estimates of the number of homeless people in Europe and draw attention to the issue of unfit housing.
Given the significant rise in homelessness observed in most European countries, it is clear that the current political response is not sufficient. The emergency management model has been pushed to its limits. Additionally, the problem of unfit housing remains largely invisible and difficult to measure. Now more than ever, there is a pressing need to implement the new policies that were proposed following the pandemic, aiming for a sustainable solution to homelessness. Don't miss out on this important conversation!
14:00 - 14:15: Introduction - Christophe Robert (Fondation Abbé Pierre)
14:15 - 14:45: Presentation of the report - Nicolas Horvat (FEANTSA), Sarah Coupechoux (Fondation Abbé Pierre) & Maria Jose Aldanas (FEANTSA)
14:45 - 15:45:
Data on homelessness in Europe
- Statistical review and prospects for improved data collection - Eoin O'Sullivan (European Observatory on Homelessness)
- Lessons from the latest German homeless census - André Riemer (BMWSB)
A look at unfit housing
- Unaffordable and inadequate housing in Europe - Hans Dubois (Eurofound)
- Political measures taken to tackle unfit housing in Marseille - Florent Houdmon (Ville de Marseille)
- European Platform on Combatting Homelessness - Patricia Bezunartea Barrio (DGDFSS)
- European policy levers to combat housing exclusion - Michele Calandrino (Commission européenne)
15:45 - 16:00: Conclusion - Freek Spinnewijn (FEANTSA)