FEANTSA Youth Study Session 2023
Ending Youth Homelessness by Addressing Trauma
Budapest, Hungary - 16 - 20 October 2023
Call for Applications
FEANTSA Youth is delighted to announce our eight annual study session, funded by the Youth Department of the Council of Europe. This years study session will focus on developing trauma informed care for young people experiencing homelessness.
Study sessions are a 5 day residential training where participants have the opportunity to deep dive into youth homelessness from a human rights perspective, learn about other European contexts and how youth homelessness is tackled, while proposing and developing strategies. This year's session will look specfically at how we can adapt trauma informed care for the needs of young people.
The objectives of the study session are:
- Framing youth homelessness as a violation of human rights
- Understanding what trauma is, and the connection to experiences of homelessness
- Understanding the connection between trauma and how young people engage or disengage in services
- Connecting trauma as an obstacle to accessing human rights
- Understanding how to apply trauma informed care
- Developing competences to adapt trauma informed care to their services, including target groupssuch as LGBTIQ youth, unaccompanied minors, young with with experience of gender based violence and young migrants.
The sessions are funded by the Youth Department of the Council of Europe, meaning participants pay a EUR50 registration fee, but travel, meals and accomodation are coverd by the Council of Europe.
Potential applicants can read the full call for applications here, and submit an application here.
The deadline for application is 24 June 2023.
For more information you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org