HOUSING SOLUTIONS PLATFORM DEBATE
How to finance prevention of homelessness through EU funds?
27 March, from 15:15 to 16:30 CEST
The event will take place in the European Parliament on 27 March 2023. It will be hosted by MEP Kim van Sparrentak and organised by the Housing Solutions Platform.
In the framework of the European Platform on Combatting Homelessness, the event will bring together European institutions representatives, local authorities, the housing sector, policymakers and researchers to better understand EU funds' potential to address homelessness, through, for instance, the designing of housing solutions or vacant housing renovation. In addition, local projects will be featured, showing how they use EU funds.
· MEP Kim VAN SPARRENTAK, the Netherlands
· Freek Spinnewijn, Director of FEANTSA
· Sorcha Edwards, Secretary General of Housing Europe (HSP)
Local projects presenting how they use EU funds
· AMARAL CUNHA Vasco, Loan Officer for Poland and Baltic States, EIB Construction of 1300 affordable housing with EFSI support by Poznańskie Towarzystwo Budownictwa Społecznego - Housing Evolutions Hub
· Dieter Breuer The IBWA model - Designing housing solutions by, with, and for homeless citizens - Housing Evolutions Hub, Cologne, Germany
· Jan Milota, The Czech Platform for Social Housing
How can EU funding support cities to transform vacant housing into affordable housing solutions?
· Alison Harvey, National Planning Programmes Manager, Heritage Council, Ireland.
· Renaud Payre, Responsible for Housing from the City of Lyon, What role for Cities mobilizing vacant housing for affordable housing?
· Alice Pittini, Research Director Housing Europe, Tackling vacant housing, a recent publication of Housing Europe
Sarah Coupechoux, Fondation Abbé Pierre (HSP)