Event Report: PRODEC Roundtable - Solutions to Homelessness for Mobile EU Citizens
Monday 9th December 2019 | London | FEANTSA, Crisis & the Public Interest Law Centre
This roundtable discussion brought together European institutions and local authority delegates, London local authorities, and organisations working with EU migrant homeless people to share examples of good practice, discuss challenges and potential solutions - with breakout sessions to discuss identified issues in more depth.
This event was organised within the framework of PRODEC, a European project, run by FEANTSA, focused on protecting the rights of destitute EU mobile citizens. The aims of the project over the next two years include identifying existing good practice where services support destitute mobile EU citizens and working with local authorities to address homelessness among mobile EU citizens.
The main objectives of this event are:
- Sharing best practice across Europe – providing opportunities for local authorities to learn from each other.
- Encouraging a different approach to ending rough sleeping for mobile EU citizens – shifting from reconnection and enforcement approach to a focus on employment and support.
Read the full event report here.
14:00 - 14:30 Introduction & Opening Remarks
- Crisis - EU homelessness in the context of Brexit
- FEANTSA - overview of PRODEC project and the notion of "worker"
- PILC - a rights-based approach to Migrant Homelessness
14:30 - 15:10 Presentations
- Camden Council - Routes off the Streets project
- Roma Support Group - Needs of Roma people sleeping rough
- Croydon Council - Migrant Accommodation and Employment Service
15:10 - 15:30 Discussion and Q&A
15:30 - 15:45 Break
15:45 - 16:45 Breakout Sessions for Detailed Focus on Topics
- Accommodating EU Homeless People
- Employment Support - opportunities and risks
- The partnership between local authorities and the voluntary sector - how to make it work?
16:45 - 17:00 Feedback from Breakout Sessions and Closing Remarks